Careers - Actuarial
Do you want to learn how to predict the future? Then the actuarial department may be the area for you!
The unit is responsible for using complex mathematical methods and technology to analyze data and for Main Street America's property and casualty insurance business.
We are looking for creative, resourceful problem solvers who want challenge, continual development and the opportunity to succeed.
Key actuarial responsibilities include:
- Making pricing recommendations to meet financial and marketing objectives.
- Performing research and statistical modeling to determine new factors to include in our rating plan.
- Developing modeling and technology (CAT management, corporate insurance, ceded reinsurance).
- Measuring and managing our catastrophe exposure and negotiating reinsurance contracts, as well as reserves.
- Developing new analysis tools for use by other departments.