- How can I find a job at Main Street America?
All available open positions are posted online. To view them, click the "Search Jobs" link
on any page of our "Careers" site. The available positions are updated frequently.
- Can I apply for more than one job opening?
Yes - you may apply for multiple job openings. Creating a username and password will provide you with 24/7 access to our “Careers” site and enable you to determine the status of your applications.
- Can I just send my resume? Why do I need to create an online profile?
By creating an online profile and uploading your resume, it enables you to manage your account, apply for new openings and view your application status, as well as provide more detailed work history. It also aids us in tracking applicants and where they are in our hiring process. The creation of your online profile will take less than five minutes.
- If I am asked to interview for a position, why do I need to complete an online application?
Your online application gives us details about you and your work history that may not be on your resume. It also requires that you to provide an electronic signature verifying that the information you are providing is true and accurate.
- How can I ensure Main Street America received my cover letter and resume?
When you apply online, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You will also see "Application Received" when you check your "Job Submission Status."
- How long will it take before I hear from someone regarding my application?
Once you application has been received, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Every online application is reviewed by our recruiting team. If your qualifications most closely match the requirements of that particular position, you will be contacted via phone or e-mail to set up a phone screen. If you are selected to move forward in the interview process, it may be helpful to review our interview hints
and learn more about our interview techniques
. If a recruiter does not personally contact you, your application may still be considered for future opportunities.
- How long is the hiring process?
When you apply online, your resume and cover letter are instantly available to our recruiting team. On average, the hiring process – from resume review to interviews and reference checks to final offer -- takes about 60-90 days. Actual timeframes vary by department.
- What type of contact information should I provide?
The "Careers" site will allow you to establish a personal profile online, which includes your address, e-mail address, phone number and password. Please be aware when submitting contact information – such as your current work phone number or e-mail address – that it may be used for automated e-mail communications or for interview follow-up.
- Requirements are listed in your position descriptions. What are requirements and what role do they play in the hiring process at Main Street America?
Basic qualifications are the minimum qualifications a job seeker must possess in order to be initially considered for the position. When applying for a position at Main Street America, please clearly describe, through your cover letter and resume, how you meet the basic qualifications for the specific position. For more information, check out our resume tips
. Applicants who do not demonstrate they meet the basic qualifications for a position will not be considered for that role
- How can I learn the status of my candidacy?
Our recruiting team is constantly reviewing resumes. If your background and experiences are a strong match for the position(s) to which you are applying, we will contact you for a phone screen. Please understand the resume review process takes time due to the high volume of resumes we receive. If you candidacy is declined because you do not meet the basic qualifications for the job, or your qualifications are not as strong as other candidates in the hiring pool, you will be informed via e-mail.
- How often is the "Careers" Web site system updated?
Jobs are added and removed daily. Job listings remain on the system until the position is filled or the requisition is closed.
- How long does my application stay on file?
Your application will stay on file for at least one year.
- Will a background check be conducted?
Yes, background and reference checks are completed on potential hires. Credit checks will be completed on those individuals whose positions entail financial responsibilities.
- How do I edit my application or update my resume?
To edit your application or update your resume, log in as a previous applicant. You can then update your information or attach an updated resume to your profile.
- I cannot remember my password. What do I do?
Under the previous applicant log in, fill in your e-mail address that you used when you created your profile. Then select the "click here" hyperlink to have your password sent directly to your e-mail address.
- What should I do if I still have questions?
Tom Van Berkel explains why it's great to be a Main Street America employee
- Search Job Openings
- Submit an Application
- Update Your Online Profile
E-mails will be answered in a timely manner.
- Founded in 1923
- Structure: Private-Mutual Holding Company
- Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla.
- Approximately 1,000 employees
- Core Values: Ownership, Relationships and Service